Monday, December 08, 2008

Sunday Update

So this weekend we continued our "Jesus Encounter" series with a look at the encounter with Herod. The sermon title "Less like Herod, More like Jesus" helped communicate how we can learn from the aspects of Herod's controlling, domineering, tyrannical life.

We focused on the aspect of control and manipulation in the context of our relationship with God and our relationships with others.

Here are some highlights...

************

"First the battle to get here this morning was huge. Control, yep, that was me this morning w/my husband. I truly needed this service for the Lord's gently flick of my ear to bring me back to the foot of the cross and allow Him to lead!"

"I need help getting off the throne. I also need more compassion for others!!! Just growing up in the LORD!"

"Just this morning I was praying in the shower about how I want my husband to do what I want and how I want it done. But, my issue with control is that I am too much like Herod and I need to relinquish control to God."

"Lord, keep me accountable to be a humble servant leader for you."

"God told me I am becoming the mother He wants me to be...it is a learning process and a journey. I don't have to BE perfect all the time. I need to pray for humility daily."

"Thank you Lord for all the trials and tribulations you have allowed me to encounter in order to trash my pride and increase my humility. Lord thank you for the continuous tranformation you have mind in my heart and mind and i pray you allow me to contue forward in my walk towards you, be by my side and continue to lead me in growth. I am forever yours. Love, your humble servant."

"I want to repent, and ask God for forgiveness for my sins. For hurting the most important people in my life. I want to dedicate myself to Jesus. i want to be a better person and fix the relationships I've damaged."

***************

It was really great to see what the Lord was doing within our family this weekend. Lots of humility and brokenness.

How does one avoid being like Herod? Three ways...

1. Build accountability in your life. James 5:16, Col 3:12-17

2. Balance your life with less thinking and more doing. James 2:14-26

3. Back up and get behind the cross. James 4:1-10

To hear the sermon, visit www.themovement.org/sermons


Thank you Lord for all that you are doing within our church body and through our lives.

No comments: